Friday, October 2, 2009

Tuesday~

Tuesday was the annual school lantern competition. I had to think the pattern of the lantern myself instead of my mum. I guess that most of the kids in my class have their mother to think for them. ( sigh ! ~ ) Everything the teacher wants us to do, I do it myself. If I ask my mum, she would say : " Your work, you do." If only... If only... my mother would help me do, I would have done things a thousand times better than I usually do. My hopes were high when I went to school for the lantern competition. When i stepped into the classroom door, my 'high' hopes sank. Other classmate's lanterns were ten times better than mine. They used the egg trays, old newspapers and plastic bottles. One of my friend, Lye Kong Quan even used a cereal box ( CocoCrunch ) to make a lantern robot. One girl named Chen Yoke Lim, made lantern castle out of plastic bottles, paper cones and papers. One guy even made a "rocket" !!! When the lanterns of all sorts like a bee, a robot, a rocket, a castle, basket, flower, car, doraemon, fish, swan, house..... Wow~~! The teacher would seriously have a hard time choosing. The competition ended at 10:30a.m. The teacher racked her brains, trying to choose the best of 45 people. Finally, she choosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment